Jiu Jitsu All-stars Ages 9-12
The Jiu Jitsu All Stars class builds on the foundations of jiu jitsu. Students will expand their knowledge and practice of jiu jitsu fundamentals. Confidence will grow as they begin to adopt a style.
Tweens have increased skills in physical activities. Instruction will focus on advanced techniques. Students will engage in sparring and drill exercises with partners of varying skill.
Jiu Jitsu All Stars
Goals & Expectations
- SMILE AND HAVE FUN
- Expand student knowledge of jiu jitsu fundamentals
- Instill confidence in physical and mental abilities
- Develop problem-solving skills in challenging situations
- Encourage participation in tournaments
- Explore individual application of techniques
- Maintain control of yourself in all situations
- Communicate with coaches and partners
Show up ready
- Students must respect others and be on time
- Students and their uniforms must be clean
- When training in gis, you must wear belts
- What you wear isn't as important as your attitude
- Keep nails trimmed and clean
- Wear slippers or other footwear when off the mat
- Do not use the bathroom barefoot
- Do not wander into employee or staff areas
- No one under 16 permitted in the shower without your parent's consent and presence
- Higher belts have priority on mat space
- No bragging, shouting, or screaming
- Coaches will expel students bullying others, without exception
Martial arts is a fun way to keep active kids focused, burn lots of energy, and learn valuable lessons.
Jiu Jitsu Prodigies
At this level, students form a distinct point-of-view of their jiu jitsu journey. Interest in competition develops.